More About The Person You'll Be Helped By...
Since 1997, David has been helping individuals in Prince William County overcome pain and disability. Following in the footsteps of his friend and mentor, David S. Mizener, David took ownership of Piedmont Physical Therapy, Inc. (formerly Mizener, Ebbecke & Associates) in 2009, and continues to see patients in the clinic daily.
David had his sights set on a career in the healthcare field from a young age. He chose physical therapy after witnessing the positive impact it had on his father who was suffering from a painful shoulder injury.
Drawing from an extensive background in orthopedics and sports rehabilitation, David integrates his skills as a manual therapist and exercise specialist to assist patients in living a life without pain and reliance on pain medication. He has published several articles on managing and avoiding common musculoskeletal injuries.
David’s Credentials & Practice Experience:
- Master of Physical Therapy (MPT) from Shenandoah University in 1996.
- Certification in Manual Therapy (MTC) from The University of St. Augustine in 2001.
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy (DPT) from Shenandoah University in 2004.
- Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (OCS) certification in 2006 recognizing advanced clinical proficiency in orthopedic physical therapy practice.
- Became President & Owne& of Piedmont Physical Therapy, Inc. in 2009.
- Certified practitioner in Trigger Point Dry Needling from Kinetacore in 2013.
- Titlist Performance Institute (TPI) Level III Golf Fitness Instructor Certification (Medical) in 2014.
When I first arrived for PT I was in incredible pain with my knees to the point that every day was a challenge. I was also given stretching and strengthening exercises to do at home. I went from 2 times/week to 1 time/week as I improved. I can now stand for hours at my job which I couldn’t do before I started PT. I’m not waking up at night anymore in pain.Diana
"Thanks for caring and treating my knee and the whole person. You have a calming effect on your patients with your caring attitude. I know I will be better in the long run with your team that got me there."Peggy
Amazing people, super helpful. I can now work out and play basketball again. I used to not be able to walk down stairs but now I can with ease and no pain. Awesome, 🙂 thank you for everything.Nicholas Late teens, Manassas, VA
"It is so great not to use my crutches to walk. My left knee is feeling great and I am back to doing my usual activities. The staff at Piedmont Physical Therapy are very professionals and friendly. I am very grateful for all their assistance."Diane
Note: If your knee pain need is urgent...
Choose Which One Works Best For You...