More About The Person You'll Be Helped By...
Since 1997, David has been helping individuals in Prince William County overcome pain and disability. Following in the footsteps of his friend and mentor, David S. Mizener, David took ownership of Piedmont Physical Therapy, Inc. (formerly Mizener, Ebbecke & Associates) in 2009, and continues to see patients in the clinic daily.
David had his sights set on a career in the healthcare field from a young age. He chose physical therapy after witnessing the positive impact it had on his father who was suffering from a painful shoulder injury.
Drawing from an extensive background in orthopedics and sports rehabilitation, David integrates his skills as a manual therapist and exercise specialist to assist patients in living a life without pain and reliance on pain medication. He has published several articles on managing and avoiding common musculoskeletal injuries.
David’s Credentials & Practice Experience:
- Master of Physical Therapy (MPT) from Shenandoah University in 1996.
- Certification in Manual Therapy (MTC) from The University of St. Augustine in 2001.
- Doctorate in Physical Therapy (DPT) from Shenandoah University in 2004.
- Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (OCS) certification in 2006 recognizing advanced clinical proficiency in orthopedic physical therapy practice.
- Became President & Owne& of Piedmont Physical Therapy, Inc. in 2009.
- Certified practitioner in Trigger Point Dry Needling from Kinetacore in 2013.
- Titlist Performance Institute (TPI) Level III Golf Fitness Instructor Certification (Medical) in 2014.
"I recently injured myself after not warming up properly before a round of golf. The pain was located in my lower back on the right side. I found it difficult to get up out of chair without wincing, riding on the lawn tractor was also torture when the ride got bumpy. Went to my doctor who prescribed muscle relaxants and anti-inflammatories. After taking these for several days with no relief I made an appointment with David Ebbecke. After just one treatment almost all the pain was gone. Now I am not a religious person but the relief was such that I felt like I had experienced a miracle!"Steve Early 60's, Haymarket, VA.
“Amazing! This program delivers on and off the course. After 8 weeks, I gained 15 yards off the tee, stamina to stay focused after #12, and lost the post-round aches and pains -- all without swinging a club. You know all those swing flaws your golf pro tells you to fix on the range? David identifies the underlying physical reasons with a Titleist Performance Institute professional assessment. The CORE/TPI team targets improvement with personal or small group training and a personalized exercise program. After the program, TPI reassessed and there it was: improved stability, rotation, flexibility, and balance. Oh yeah...did I mention that I gained yardage with every club in the bag?”Janis Mid 60's, Woodbridge, VA
Note: If your back pain need is urgent...
Choose Which One Works Best For You...